Web Designer (Remote)
1.5 Year Contract
Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
Self-Starters. You re a go-getter who isn t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
Collaborators. You re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
- Communicate directly with clients to gather requirements, deliver designs, etc.
- Contribute in the development and maintenance of existing and new web sites.
- Day-to-day maintenance of Website.
- Existing web content is appropriately marked up, tagged/coded and maintained for search engine optimization.
- Providing strong quality assurance of new web pages and redesigned sites.
- Provide expertise and services for automating, managing... and evaluating web-based pages, publications, and multimedia.
- Assure all web pages, documents, and applications are accessible in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Continually review and improve products and interfaces with minimal errors.
- Interact with clients and business partners to develop interfaces.
- Provide weekly status/progress reports.
- Work closely with team members and clients to research and troubleshoot issues.
- Assist with user acceptance testing.
- 3+ years of experience as a web designer.
- Experience in Wordpress or similar Content Management System (CMS) applications.
- Expert knowledge in HTML (including hand coding in HTML).
- Expert CSS skills.
- Experience and knowledge in application of Information Architecture.
- Create workflows, wireframes, and mockups.
- Ability to accurately convey statistical information.
- Apply User Interface design best practices.
- Strong knowledge of UI and interactive design skills.
- Design skills that can support diverse objectives.
- Able to present designs to both technical and business audiences.
- Accurate and thorough design work.
- Ability to consolidate large amounts of information.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver high quality deliverables by deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design and usability, in addition to a strong knowledge of color, layout, design principles, and typography.
- Design user stories, user journeys, etc.
- Must be able to obtain a NACI clearance.
- Knowledge in Web Architect a plus.
- Knowledge of 508 compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of Content Management System (CMS) concepts and applications.
- Knowledge of mobile (Responsive Design) web technique a plus