Sr. Java Software Engineer
Zeeto is looking for a Sr. Java Software Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team. The engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and support of our groundbreaking Ad Network. In this role, you will utilize your years of experience to design and implement software that is maintainable, scalable, and highly testable with automation. We come from a Startup culture and we’ve kept it throughout the years. Our engineers are high skilled individuals that manage all aspects of our technology.
This position will work with a cutting-edge architecture leveraging events, micro-services, Kafka, Spring2.0, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, MongoDB. This position and its team own the task from design and development to deployment in the cloud.
LOCATION: We are based in San Diego, CA and have an office which is available for use (during non-COVID times). We are fully open to, and encourage remote working from anywhere in the world. If choosing to... work remote full-time, you must have excellent communication skills, as well as flexibility to work at least 4 of your hours during main business hours (9am-5pm PST). We will factor in location as part of our compensation package for this position. We are also open to full time contractor setups if it makes more sense.
Interview Process - If we believe you are a good fit we may ask you to complete a brief online recorded interview through an interview tool called Showcase. Following that will be a Zoom call with members of the team.
- Participate in the complete lifecycle of product features: inception, design, development, deployment
- Work closely with product managers to define and implement features
- Work closely with talented engineers in a dynamic and highly productive team
- Participate in the architecture planning and design processes, both high-level infrastructure and object-oriented code structure
- Write efficient, testable object-oriented Java
- Deploy and monitor production features
- Experience building high-traffic, scalable, monitored and resilient applications in a micro services architecture
- Adamant about testing and TDD
- Ownership of building and managing all aspects of whole system (startup-like environment)
- Strong abilities writing testable, efficient, object-oriented code in Java
- Experience handling large amounts of data in a multi-tenant environment
- Data pipelining to stream and process high traffic events
- Experience running large applications in a container-based environment
- Experience with service orchestration of Docker containers using Kubernetes
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Kafka to stream and process high amounts of data
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL data stores like MongoDB, Redis and Postgres
- Experience using AWS tools and ecosystem: S3, EC2, VPC, etc
- Knowledge of building asynchronous, reactive service architectures
What Zeeto can offer you:
- A chance to work with an amazing collaborative team yet be remote anywhere in the world.
- Health Insurance -- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k, UNLIMITED PTO, etc
- An optional office space (if desired) in San Diego with free coffee, espresso, snacks, juice, soda, beer and more..
- Tons of remote perks including virtual happy hours, games, workout sessions, all company meetings and more to come!
- An open collaborative office/virtual office with a fun, hard-working, start-up vibe. You can be a huge part of the company while also learning a ton and growing your career.
Get to the front of the Line:
- This is a highly competitive position and we will have a ton of applicants. In order to stand out, let us know the following info in a cover letter or note when you apply.
- Provide a brief summary of your overall experience.
- Why are you looking?
- How quickly are you available to start?
- What are your salary requirements