Job Title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: Remote (100% Remote but the main office is in Kirkland, WA)
Term: Full-Time / Perm (also open for contractor)
Salary: Negotiable – depends on experience
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, build, and test custom/localized solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing embedded software for 16-bit microprocessors (preferably Hitachi processors) in RF transceivers or similar electronic devices using C.
- Designing and developing the application software for two-way radio.
- Developing support software in PC Windows environment using C++.
- Modify existing software and firmware (developed by others) with minimum documentation and support on a wide variety of products.
- Rapid prototyping/demonstrating firmware modifications determined from customer needs or in support of research projects.
- Developing bug-free, well-documented code on schedule.
- Evaluating new firmware releases by the company and other... developers.
- Making the promotion document for the new software and the new system by PPT.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of IP Network and the ability to easily troubleshoot the internal network.
- Project planning skills and accurate schedule estimation.
- Ability to read and understand radio schematics.
- PC proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Ability to work in a management-by-objectives environment with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly with people to whom English is a second language.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment.
- RF FM transceiver firmware design experience desired.
- Experience with P25 protocol is highly desired