Senior Data Engineer
Currently remote through 3/2021
Then will need to be onsite in Seattle, Wa
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Senior Data Engineer. You will get the oppportunity to deliver large-scale, critical, and complex data architecture, storage, and pipelines for internal clients within this World Class Financial Services Organization. Great salary, incredible Health and Retirement benefits at this premier organization.
- Build large-scale distributed data processing systems, data lakes, and optimize for both computational and storage efficiency on cloud platforms like AWS.
- Design, implement and automate data pipelines sourcing data from internal and external systems, transforming the data for the optimal needs of various systems.
- Design data schema and operate cloud-based data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL/temporal database systems.
- Develop batch and streaming pipelines using technologies including Apache Spark and Kafka.
- Own the design, development and... maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines.
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, ETL, reporting, and analytic solutions.
- Provide insightful code reviews, receive code reviews constructively and take ownership of outcomes (“you ship it, you own it”), working very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things in the front-end UI area.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Experience implementing big data processing technology: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, etc.
- 5+ years of Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Scala, Python, or Java).
- Experience writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- 3+ year’s experience in cloud-first design, preferably AWS (S3, Kurbernetes, dynamic autoscaling, etc.).
- Experience in data architecture, databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL), SQL and DDD/ER/ORM design. Experience with NoSQL databases such as graph databases, wide column stores, etc.) are a plus.
- Interest and curiosity in emerging technologies on the web like GraphQL, web assembly, MLaaS etc
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Please send your resume to Marc Rodriguez, Senior Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration. Let us help you secure an interview!
You can also connect with Marc Rodriguez on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/technicalrecruiter/
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
- Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities