Reports to: Product Manager & CEO
- *Commitment**: 6-months to 1 year
Who We Are
CareBand uses wearable technology to reduce death and injuries due to dementia-related wandering while enhancing the quality of life for those living with dementia. With the onset of COVID, the team has also pivoted its technology to enable contact tracing, social distancing, and geofencing. Through a combination ofLoRaWAN, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), GPS, and several other sensors, the end-to-end system allows for indoor and outdoor location tracking with high accuracy, custom alerts via SMS or call, and historical data for disease spread.
CareBand is looking for talented and motivated Computer Science or Engineering students with solid CS and Programming fundamentals for several of our enterprise software projects. As a Software Engineering intern, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, and deploying new products and services in a fast-paced, iterative... development environment.
- Back-end/Platform Services - Large-scale distributed services for applications and data management. We use a mix of NodeJS and Python. You will work primarily on the back-end services that power our web and mobile applications. These cloud-based services are built on AWS infrastructure and are designed for7x24 operation, with manageability, availability, reliability, and scalability in mind.
- Mobile - Phone and Tablet application development for both the iOS and Andriod platforms. The applications complement our Web Applications by providing unique mobile device-specific capabilities and core functionality to improve CareBand operations.
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of software engineering or server-side Internet technologies
- At least a Sophomore in University standing
- Internship or personal project experience solving real-life problems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Intellectual drive to learn anything
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Stellar academic record or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with command-line tools on a Unix shell
- A desire to work on hard problems
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of talent working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact directly with the CEO and senior leadership team
Submit a resume/CV and a cover letter briefly summarizing your interest in the position to [email protected]